Image via Wikipedia
Are Insurance Rate Hikes in Your Future?
From the LA Times, April 13, 2010.
"Public outrage over double-digit rate hikes for health insurance may have helped push President Obama's healthcare overhaul across the finish line, but the new law does not give regulators the power to block similar increases in the future. ...
At least in the short term, regulators will be able to do little more than require insurers to publicly explain why they want to raise rates.
Consumer advocates think that will not be an effective deterrent against premium increases such as the 39% hike that Anthem Blue Cross sent some California customers last year."
- Finance (41)
- Human Resources (10)
- Insurance (3)
- Operations (127)
- Sales (101)
- Sustainability (3)
- Wellness Benefits (11)
About this Entry
This page contains a single entry by Michael Webster published on May 1, 2010 11:12 AM.
Direct Capital Increases Lending to Franchisees was the previous entry in this blog.
You Need to Prepare for Health Reform is the next entry in this blog.
- What Are the 5 Components of a Good "Bring Your Own Device" Policy For Your Franchise Owners?
- How Well Do Your Franchisees Deliver Customer Service Online?
- Do You Know The Percentage of Your Ex-Employees Who Can Bankrupt You?
- The Lazy Parent's Way to Riches For Their Children
- 2 More EasyTips on How to Reduce 2013 BusinessTaxes
- Why Some Marketers Almost Always Get Attention
- Get Rid Customer Line-Up Problems Once and For All
- How to Find Qualified Prospect & Get The Exclusive Conversation
- How Much Does It Cost to Own a McDonald's Franchise?
- Why You Have to Buy Your Cadillac SUV Now!