Image via Wikipedia
Are Insurance Rate Hikes in Your Future?
From the LA Times, April 13, 2010.
"Public outrage over double-digit rate hikes for health insurance may have helped push President Obama's healthcare overhaul across the finish line, but the new law does not give regulators the power to block similar increases in the future. ...
At least in the short term, regulators will be able to do little more than require insurers to publicly explain why they want to raise rates.
Consumer advocates think that will not be an effective deterrent against premium increases such as the 39% hike that Anthem Blue Cross sent some California customers last year."
- Finance (38)
- Human Resources (10)
- Insurance (2)
- Worker's Compensation
- Operations (109)
- Sales (62)
- Sustainability (3)
- Wellness Benefits (11)
About this Entry
This page contains a single entry by Michael Webster published on May 1, 2010 11:12 AM.
Direct Capital Increases Lending to Franchisees was the previous entry in this blog.
You Need to Prepare for Health Reform is the next entry in this blog.
- What are the 7 Ideals of a Durable & Sustainable Franchise System? - Do You Measure Up?
- Are Your Employees Rude? Take Our 90 Second Quiz to Find Out
- Your Sales are Growing! But Are You Making This Product Mix Mistake?
- Franchisors: Why the Best Candidates Don't Buy Your Franchise & One Smart Fix
- How Can You Best Negotiate Your Franchise Lease? Know these Five Crucial Terms
- Learn How to Dramatically Improve Your Franchise Sales Process
- Do You Know this Simple Way to Dramatically Increase Your Customer Responses to Online Surveys?
- Now You Can Finally Get the Customer Service Training You Need
- Eleven Qualities of a Successful Sales Plan
- 4 Immediate Fixes You Can Use to Improve Your Franchise Sales Right Now