Perry Marshall is a modern day marketing legend. Google his name and you will find over 80,000 references. He has helped over 100,000 advertisers avoid the Google stupidity tax.
He is the author of the “ The Ultimate Guide To Google Adwords”, the number one book on Google Pay-Per-Click Advertising.
So, you can imagine we were real excited to have him as a client and help him use video marketing to sell enrollments to his “Bobsled Run – 12 Week Intensive Adwords Workshop”!
Let’s review Perry’s multichannel marketing strategy.
- Perry sent out 3 to 4 emails per week driving visitors to his Online Content such as webinars, his sales page and the videos we produced.
- He held 2 Webinars which provided teaser content to promote the program.
- He extensively uses marketing automation to segment his list and deliver the right message, to the right person, at the right time.
- We produced the 4 videos to sell this online event and educational program.
- Three of the videos we produced are what we call “Presell Videos “and video number four was the Sales Video.
The psychological persuasion tactic behind producing presell videos is called inoculation. You are inoculating your audience with desire for your products or services and building trust.
When you do deliver your final sales video, you have already overcome a number of objections, established trust and build-up credibility.
Here is a breakdown of the viewership and engagement with these long form sales videos.
How could this campaign have been improved? We could have added telemarketing to the mix after delivering the sales video. Inexpensive postcards could have been mailed out to promote the program and drive registration.
However, the number of engaged views who eventually attended the course shows the value in Sales Videos, Presell Videos , Triggered and Lead Nurturing Emails and Marketing Automation.
If Perry Marshall does then maybe you should consider it!
This is a guest post from Samuel Salter. Sam brings over 20 years experience in International Business, Sales, Marketing and Finance. He has appeared on Good Morning America and has been featured in several publications including New York Times, People Magazine, Ebony, Black Enterprise, and EuroMoney celebrating his business success at such a young age. Dan Clark one of authors of the best-selling “Chicken Soup for The Soul Series” wrote a chapter about him in his 2008 best-seller “Soul Food Volume 1″.